I'm so glad that I didn't set a goal to be a consistant blogger because I am pretty awful at it, I don't even know how long it's been since my first post! I haven't felt motivated or inspired enough by anything to feel like writing publicly about it to be honest... until now.
I feel so inspired today and have to write it down because I fell in love... no not with a girl, not yet... (this post isn't quite THAT interesting I'm afraid!). No, today I fell in love with a musical... Les Miserables to be specific. While I was at work last week I came across the 25th Anniversary filming of the show on Blu Ray for £9 and thought "why not?". What an inspired purchase it was too!
Today I sat down and watched the whole 3 hours from start to finish with the sound up LOUD and I was totally gripped. I admit that I wasn't completely sure of what was happening with the story a couple of times but most of the time I felt like I was on an emotional roller coaster, I was totally unprepared for that, I really didn't expect to be so moved by the show and the music... Man, the music... WOW!!! An absolute work of genius. Why have I not watched & listened to this musical before?!? 32 years into my life & I have only just discovered how amazing this show is!!! I have been so deprived! I feel excited and uplifted by the music so much that I am now sat listening to it again, what a blessing it is to have music in our world! I HAVE to go see this performed live, and soon!!!
If anyone actually reads this blog and hasn't seen Les Miz for themselves then I absolutely encourage you to go do so as soon as possible, you will feel like you've been missing out, I know I do!
Anyway, that's it for this post, I just felt like I had to declare my new love for Les Miserables, I want to remember this moment, I love it when I discover something amazing so it should be recorded! I had to declare it, however inarticulately my declaration may be written! :)
Music is such a blessing in our lives, just like you said. It's incedible the influence it can have on our mood, and it can be so inspiring. I want to dig out my Les Mis CD now and listen to it from start to finish! Or maybe it's on Netflix...? We shall see.
ReplyDelete